COVID-19 Safe action plan
The Kooralbyn Valley
Your health and safety during this time is our highest priority.
In light of COVID-19, the Resort will operate with strengthening health and hygiene procedures to ensure the health and safety of all guests and staff. While most of our activities and facilities at the resort will still be operating daily, some modifications to the way we deliver our services and activities will be made in order to comply with all COVID Safe guidelines to ensure that your experience will be memorable and enjoyable.
As per the Queensland Government’s Roadmap to easing COVID-19 restrictions, the following travel guidelines apply for The Kooralbyn Valley:
- STAGE 2: The Kooralbyn Valley re-opened for all guests from Queensland.
- STAGE 3: The Queensland state borders were opened from July 10th and interstate access is permitted by obtaining a border pass (Currently excluding Victoria, NSW and ACT).
If you have an existing booking that is impacted by state government travel restrictions, we will provide a free date amendment or credit up to five days prior to arrival.
Please note that our reservations team are receiving a high volume of enquiry currently and we thank you for your patience as we work through enquiries on travel dates.
Our reservations team are available to assist you with any questions you may have. To reschedule, cancel your booking or further enquirers , feel free to contact our friendly team on 0755446688 or email us through info@TheKooralbynValley.com.au as soon as possible.
COVID-19 SAFETY UPDATES
There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at The Kooralbyn Valley.
To safeguard our community, please do not plan to travel to The Kooralbyn Valley within 14 days of arriving from overseas or an active COVID-19 Hotspot, feeling unwell, being diagnosed with Coronavirus, or having been in close contact with a diagnosed case of Coronavirus.
Specifically, new procedures were implemented across our business:
- Staff training & Response
- Our business has developed a comprehensive plan for all COVID-19 scenarios according to with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and national policy, with comprehensive team training and guest education procedures in place.
- Modified Business Operations
- COVID-Safe records will be retained in-house and we will collect COVID-Safe checklists completed by departmental Managers and Supervisors, according to government guidance. We will also adopt best practice to restrict contact of items between guests, supply sanitisers in all areas, and adapt handling and service protocols
- Intensified public space cleaning
- An increase in the frequency of surface cleaning and sanitisation in the lobby, accommodation, dining venues, door handles, gates have been made. Signage in public spaces will remind our guests to maintain social distancing and our sanitising procedure.
We have implemented the COVID-Safe action plan to re-define our cleaning and safety standards in all aspects of our business operations in the valley. All team members have completed the COVID SAFE Training Programs.
We will be posting signage around the Resort to remind guests of the ongoing need for social distancing. These measures are effective in all operations, particularly in Concierge, Reception and activity areas to guide social distancing. Wait times may be impacted, and as such, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we endeavour to minimise the disturbance of your guest experience as we adhere to government restrictions.
Management will be checking with all team members to ensure they have completed a Return To Work COVID-Safe training program. Elevators, preparation areas and offices will increase its cleaning and disinfection across areas.
All of our guest rooms will already be cleaned and disinfected with cleaning protocols that meet the requirements of elevated disinfecting and cleaning prior to guest’s arrival. For guests that prefer not to have our cleaning staff entering their rooms during their stay, please talk to our reception staff for further details.
RESORT DINING UPDATES
Lilies Restaurant & Bar, Ringtails Country Club and The Pavilion Tavern will be open for dine in and they operate to a limited capacity under an industry approved COVID Safe Plan. All customers entering our restaurants will be asked to fill in their details under the COVID Safe Plan. There will be some restrictions on shared dishes, and some restaurants will be available for takeaway options. More information will be provided to guests upon arrival.
BUFFET SERVICE – Please note due to current restrictions, all buffet services will be changed from self-servicing to staff served.
We have maintained a 2m separation from tables and chairs inside the conference room where around 50-60% of chairs have been removed. Excess chairs will be removed to provide more space inside the enclosed area. Social distancing signage have also been sticked on floors inside conference rooms.
Outdoor sports including Laser Clay Target shooting, golf, lawn bowls, tennis, biking and bowling are covered by the Outdoor Sport Industry COVID-Safe Plan. New procedures were implemented across our outdoor activities:
- Strengthen vigilance with hygiene and sanitisation measures by placing hand sanitisers along with social distancing signage
- Ensure there is limited mixing between participation groups
- Booking and sign-in systems will be put in -house to track and trace participants
- Entry and exit points have been modified to allow for safe and separate passages
MINI GOLF and GOLF COURSE
Rental golf clubs, golf balls, buggy, carts and other facilities will be cleaned with upgraded hygiene protocols and sanitised before and after every use. Online or phone bookings will be essential prior to arrival, while social distancing is implemented between players in the field. For mini-golf, a putt-putt course starter will be in place during peak times to help monitor player limits and social distancing.
Under the Weddings Industry COVID Safe Plan, details of the first name, last name, email address and phone number will be asked to provide for pre-bookings and walk-ins, while information will be kept in-house for at least 56 days. Floor markings will be created for social distancing between customers queuing for services.
Specific modifications have been made during the event
- Separate doors into entry and exit only
- Both indoor and outdoor wedding venue will accommodate no more than 1 person per 4 square metres
- Table service will be provided to all guests, and they must remain seated and stay in defined area during the event
- No joining tables or swapping is allowed
- Chairs and tables will be sanitised after every use
- Hand sanitizer will be available on each table for customer use
- Only wedded couple and their parents are allowed for dancing
- Entertainments such as photography booths will not be permitted
We have implemented the COVID Safe Plan to re-define our cleaning and safety standards to allow a perfect wedding under safe regulations. All staffs will have completed the Hospitality Social Distance Program Training two weeks prior commencing work, where certificates will be displayed at the entrance.
CONTACTLESS GUEST EXPERIENCE
Signages to social distancing guidelines for guests will be posted around the Resort. These measures are now incorporated into check-in’s, queuing, guest activities, and restaurant seating. We appreciate your patience and understanding for us in minimise the disturbance of your guest experience as we implement these changes.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO PREVENT FROM COVID-19?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet
- Cover your cough and sneeze with your sleeves or disposable tissue and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser afterwards
- If unwell, avoid close contact with others. Consider deferring travel and seek for doctors’ advice
- Maintain personal responsibility for 1.5 meters away from people according to social distancing measures
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures, visit www.health.gov.au.
Please note that travel restrictions vary by state. Please visit https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-travellers for the latest advice.
Please note that our statement of complianceStatement of Compliance p1
work training certificatework training certificate
COVID-19 work health and safety planWork health and safety plan
are also available on our website.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support during these difficult times.